The outside of a properly maintained home provides protection from the elements and peace of mind. A film of high quality paint, when applied correctly, is a home's first defense against the weather. Maintaining the exterior finish of your home mitigates the risk of water damage/intrusion and UV damage. Our attention to detail allows us to provide clients with an unsurpassed level of protection from the elements, as well as the aesthetic touch that HyTone Painting is well known for.
Services (new and repaint)
Cedar siding, cedar shingles, LP, and Hardie Plank®
Window sashes and trim, belly bands, fascia boards, columns, doors and more
Deck and cedar shingle/shake staining
Our preparation process, in general, includes the following steps:
- Pressure washing to remove any dirt and mildew (with treatment to kill mildew and fungus where necessary)
- Scrape and sand loose or peeling paint (or stripping as necessary)
- Removal of caulking in failed joints and recaulk
- Caulking of holes, splits or any opening where water can penetrate
- Application of a quality exterior primer to any repairs, raw wood, bleeding stains (i.e. tannin, rust, etc.) and areas that are highly vulnerable to water damage
- Surfaces not to be painted are masked and covered accordingly
- Properly apply two generous coats of quality exterior paint by spray, brush, or roll. Spraying is followed by back brushing or backrolling certain substrates depending on porosity and texture
- Many details are painted by brush and roll only
- Cleanup of job site is performed each day to maintain a very professional appearance. A thorough cleanup is performed a the completion of every job.